Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tomato-Apple-Curry Soup

This is one of my favorite recipes that I got while in France.  I'm translating here, so my recipe might be a little approximative.

Preparation: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
- 1 can of peeled tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 apples (gala)
- 1 litre of water
- 2 cubes of chicken bouillon
- 20 g butter
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- salt and pepper

Directions:

1. Core and cut the apples and onion

2. In a pot, melt the butter.  Add onions and apples. Cook five minutes or until soft.

3.  Add the tomatoes, curry powder, water, chicken bouillon, and coconut milk.  Bring to boil.

4.  When boiling, stir well.  Reduce heat and simmer (without covering) for 20 minutes.  In a food processor or blender, blend for 30 seconds.  Add salt and/or pepper to taste.


This item is on my Christmas list!!

No comments:

Post a Comment