Monday, January 7, 2013

Homemade Cranberry Juice

If there's one thing I love in the world, it's cranberry juice. Not cran-apple or freaking cran-raspberry (gross), but straight up cranberry juice. What I don't like about it is the 36 grams of sugar that seems to come from every 8 oz of it. So I found a recipe to try at home! I happen to have some cranberries, so I'm going to give this a whirl...I'll let you know how it goes. I'm going to experiment to see how little sugar I can add, if any; I'd rather have it good and tart. Yum!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  • Prep: 35 min. + chilling
  • Yield: 8 Servings
5 30 35

Ingredients

  • 2 quarts water
  • 8 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
  • 1-1/2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup orange juice

Directions

  • In a soup kettle, bring water and cranberries to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until berries begin to pop.
  • Strain through a fine strainer, pressing mixture with a spoon; discard berries. Return cranberry juice to the pan. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice and orange juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.
  • Remove from the heat. Cool. Transfer to a pitcher; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts). 


Thank you to the following website for this great recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Homemade-Cranberry-Juice

No comments:

Post a Comment