Sunday, May 2, 2010

And so it begins: The inaugural cooking blog entry!

Hi folks!

The crowd has spoken: I have made an "official" cooking blog to share the recipes I steal from other sources and claim as my own. (To be fair, I'll be citing each of my sources as I go. That way, you can search for the fabulous cookbooks that I use for other recipes I may not have listed here.)

I thought it would be appropriate to begin this blog by mentioning what has brought me here. To be honest, I never thought of myself as a cook. My mother is an exceptional cook that never needs a recipe for anything, so I let her do all the work. Add in a few years of college and grad school, and I had no time to learn about cooking. Frozen meal? Check. Chicken helper? Check. That was the extent of my cooking. Let me tell you, folks, that's no way to live -- and certainly no way to eat, especially if you are cooking for more than just yourself.

Hence the introduction of my blog.

On this site, I'll be posting dinner recipes that I like, basically. As my best friend/roommate can attest to, I don't often cook the same meal twice, or in the same way. Unlike my mother, I NEED a recipe in order to produce something. But I'm not afraid to embellish the recipe a bit. I am, as some of you know, still a picky eater in many ways. I despise onions, so if a recipe calls for onions, I'll definitely omit them. And guess what? It still tastes amazing.

I have already had requests for quick and easy recipes, so I'll definitely make that my focus here. The bottom line here: if I can do it, so can you. I've really only been cooking for the past two years or so, but I have learned in that time that I love it. I hope you do, too. And that is why I am sharing these recipes...

No comments:

Post a Comment